Wanderlust hits you when you just need to break away. Something out there is calling your name. Movement will make you feel like you’re going places. Maybe one day, your mind will follow your body, moving into new ways of seeing, thinking, and understanding. Until finally, you stand on new ground, but it feels familiar because…there you are. You have walked into yourself, and now – you are home.
Eat Your Emotions: Wanderlust - Penny Tea WafersPrint This
- 113g (1 stick or 8 Tbsp) butter, room temp
- 110g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 100g (1/3 cup packed) light brown sugar
- 2g (1/4 tsp) salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 145g (1 cup) all purpose flour
- 15g (3 tbsp) crushed loose leaf tea
tips for success:
- use a piping bag and a large round tip to shape the cookies
- use your favorite tea. the insides of a teabag will work great as well.
- having 2 baking sheets or more will help speed things up.
- preheat oven to 350 F.
- prepare baking sheets by lining with silicon mats or parchment paper.
- cream together the butter, sugars, and salt. cream until light and airy. using a handheld beater or stand mixer with paddle attachment works great.
- add the egg. mix in until homegenous
- mix in the flour and the tea
- transfer dough to piping bag. it should be like super thick mashed potatoes.
- pipe out into little rounds.
- bake about 6 minutes. rotate pan. maybe bake 2 minutes more. they should be golden around the edges.
- repeat until all the dough is baked up.