Uncertainty. Is it safer at the bottom? Or safer at the top? Not even Google can tell us which path will be the best path. We endlessly weigh our options, writing lists of pros and cons, talking about would could happen and what if this or that happens, but there are no concrete answers. Why doesn’t a Magic 8 ball exist for life? Because then it would be no fun. Uncertainty is definitely unpleasant, but it allows us to be creative. There is freedom there to explore. Embrace the uncertainties! It’s uncomfortable, but can also wonderful.
Eat Your Emotions: Uncertainty - Maple Pecan BarsPrint This
- 110g (1 stick or 8 tbsp) unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 125g (1 cup) all purpose flour
- 50g (1/4 cup) sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 30g (2 tbsp) melted butter
- 150g (3/4 cup) dark brown sugar
- 100g (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- 2g (1/4 tsp) salt
- optional: 2 Tbsp bourbon
- 125g (1 cup) pecans
tips for success:
- use an 8×8 pan
- cool crust completely before adding filling on top
- when making crust, use a pastry blender, or paddle attachment on stand mixer or a food processor.
- preheat oven to 350 F.
- make the crust. blend all crust ingredients together until crumbly. press evenly into bottom of pan.
- bake crust 12 minutes. edges should be browned. remove and cool completely.
- make the filling. whisk all the filling ingredients in a bowl until homogenous. pour over crust. top with nuts.
- bake 25 minutes. check on it. the center should be set.
- cool on a rack. enjoy!