Umpty: when everything is slightly off, ruining your mood.
Eat Your Emotions: Umpty - Peanut Butter Pound CakePrint This
- 225g (2 sticks or 16 Tbsp) butter, room temp
- 90g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 135g (1/2 cup) light brown sugar
- 100g (1/3 cup) peanut butter, room temp
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 50g (3 Tbsp) milk, whole
- 200g (1 cup + 2 Tbsp) all purpose flour
- 3.5g (1 tsp) baking powder
- 1g (1/4 tsp) baking soda
- 1.5 g (1/4 tsp) salt
- 160g (1/2 cup) semi-sweet choc. chips
tips for success:
- this recipe can be baked in a large loaf pan, or as muffins
- butter and flour your mold
- preheat your oven to 350 F
- whisk together all the dry ingredients, except chocolate chips
- cream together the butter, sugars, and peanut butter. you want it to be smooth and airy
- add the eggs while mixing, one at a time
- add the milk. keep mixing until all is homogenous
- add the dry ingredients. fold in until well blended.
- fold in chocolate chips
- pour into mold. bake for 20 minutes. rotate pan. bake another 10 minutes. depending on your chosen mold, the times will vary. keep an eye out. the cake is done with the top springs back from your touch, and toothpick inserted comes out clean.