REMORSE is the result of all the stuff you can’t undo or take back. Everything was fine, but in a flash of anger or poor judgement, you broke it. You didn’t mean to, but the damage is done now. You can attempt to put it back together. Maybe, you hope, it can be fixed. Recipe for these Earl Grey Shorties below!
Eat Your Emotions: Remorse - Earl Grey ShortiesPrint This
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 2 sticks butter, rm temperature
- 2 Tbsp earl gray tea
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Mix together the sugar, salt and orange zest.
- Cream the sugar mix with the soft butter. Mix it until it is light and fluffy.
- Add in the flour and the tea. Mix until combined and dough is formed. It should look like a super thick frosting.
- Shape into logs by placing dough on a sheet of parchment paper. Wrap the parchment paper around it like you would roll up wrapping paper. Use a long edge, like a ruler or a pastry scraper, to press against the inner edge of the dough and parchment paper. This keeps it tight and helps form an even cylinder shape.
- Chill the dough in the fridge or place in freezer for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick silicon mat.
- Slice the dough logs into 1/4” slices.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until edges are browned.