When you feel safe, the world feels less crazy. Comfort is relief, knowing that familiarity is there to soothe you. Whether you hold on to a teddy bear, a person, a place, a ritual, or an addiction…you hold on. Because we all need something to hold on to when we need a little reassurance.
Eat Your Emotions: Comfort - Matcha GranolaPrint This
- 240g (1.5 cups )rolled oat
- 25g (1/4 cup) toasted wheat germ
- 50g (1 cup) shaved coconut chips
- 65g (1/4 cup ) matcha powder
- 100g (1/2 cup )chopped walnuts
- 50g (1/4 cup ) slivered almonds
- 100g (4 Tbsp) coconut oil
- 4g (1/2 tsp) salt
- 200g (3/4 cup) maple syrup
- Extra matcha powder to sprinkle on after.
- Chia seeds and dried fruit, such as raisins and chopped dried dates to add after.
- Preheat oven to 275 F
- Prepare a sheet pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Melt the coconut oil.
- Mix together all the ingredients, sans dried fruit.
- Taste to see if you like the sweetness level. You can add more now if you like it sweeter.
- Spread evenly over prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. Mix the granola and bake again for a few more minutes. It should be done with evenly browned.
- Cool. Toss in any dried fruit or chia seeds. Dust again with Matcha powder if desired.