Embarrassment is just so embarrassing. Not only did you say the wrong thing, wear the wrong thing, or do the wrong thing – at the wrong time, but now your face is all red, and everyone knows, that you know, that you did something a little bit wrong. Hiding in the shadows feels like a good idea at that point. Don’t worry. Embarrassment won’t kill you. The people who never feel embarrassment and so boldly march around doing as they please … most of polite society thinks they’re rude. Thus, your red ears and flaming cheeks are nothing more than a sort of apology.
Eat Your Emotions: Embarrassment - Soft Lemon Sugar CookiesPrint This
- 113g (1 stick or 8 Tbsp) butter, room temperature
- 180g (1 scant cup) sugar
- 3g (1/2 tsp) salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 30g (2 Tbsp) lemon juice
- 200g (1 3/4 cup) all purpose flour
- preheat oven to 350 F.
- prepare cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper or silicon mat.
- cream the butter, sugar, salt, and zest together until light and airy.
- mix in the egg and lemon juice until completely homogenous.
- add in the flour until combined, but do not over mix.
- scoop cookie dough and evenly space on pan, leaving ample space in-between.
- bake 10 minutes, then rotate pan. bake about 4 minutes more or until lightly golden.