Dread is when something menacing is creeping up on you, and you can’t shake it off. Panic may start to swirl in your gut, but you know you are helpless. Either sit and hope it passes over you, or freak out! Or maybe you can eat something comforting, like these cheesecake stuffed brownies. Recipe below. Enjoy!
Eat Your Emotions: Dread - Olive Oil BrowniesPrint This
- 100g (3/4 cup) all purpose flour
- 134g (1 cup) cocoa powder
- 6g (1tsp) salt
- 3 eggs
- 300g (1.5 cups) sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 245g (1 cup) olive oil
- 170g (1/2 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- OPTIONAL CREAM CHEESE SWIRL:
- 115g (4 oz) cream cheese
- 115g (1/2 cup) sour cream
- 25g (2 Tbsp) sugar
- 8g (1 Tbsp) all purpose flour
tips for success:
- bring all ingredients to room temperature
- for square brownies, butter and line a square cake pan with parchment paper
- for individual brownies, you can butter generously a cupcake pan
- recipe is delicious with nothing added but
- add nuts, or the optional cream cheese swirl to your liking
- Preheat Oven to 350 F
- If you are making the cream cheese version, blend all of your room temperature ingredients together until smooth and homogeneous. Set aside. Now to the chocolaty part:
- Sift together: flour, cocoa powder, salt
- Whisk vigorously together: sugar, eggs, vanilla. It should look pale in color, thick and even with no visible sugar granules.
- Alternate adding wet and dry ingredients. whisk in 1/2 the dry ingredients, then half the oil. Half the dry, half the oil.
- Mix in chocolate chips (and nuts, if using them) last.
- If you are making the cream cheese version, pour a little more than half of the batter into the bottom of your pan. Spread evenly. Next, pour the cream cheese mixture over and spread into an even layer. Dollop the remaining brownie batter over the top of the pan, then swirl with the tip of a knife.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 – 30 minutes, depending on what sort of pan you are using. Test with a toothpick. They are done when the toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs sticking to it.
- Cool in the pan.